Podcast: Episode 18: The Scale, Friend or Foe?
This whole month Carrie is digging into what we believe is the #1 issue holding ALL of us back from getting to our optimal health. Our mindsets. Today Carrie is going to get REALLY REAL and go at it with what you NEED to hear, not what you WANT to hear.
She is also making a BIG announcement about what is happening with our 4 Weeks 2 Wellness Lifestyle Launch so stay til the end to learn what’s up! She discusses…
Why Disruptive Nutrition is SO different
- Denying ourselves macronutrients our body NEEDS, our balance will be thrown off
- Fasting and operating at a deficit means we DO shed some stored fat… but we also shed fat from our muscles, which then slows our metabolism and results in a hormonal shift
- Diets make our bodies less receptive to diets over time, meaning you have to eat even LESS to lose weight
- When you balance your blood sugar, your body sings a happy song!
- Fast weight loss is BAD for our bodies
The scale… is it friend or foe?
- The concept of confirmation bias
- The weight on the scale is one of the most inaccurate measures of progress we can have
- We can fluctuate in your weight every day, hour to hour
- Someone can look leaner and have less body fat and weigh more than someone else
- Someone’s weight can remain the same, but a before and after photo can show huge progress
- Going up a pound can break your day
- Some people see they lost weight… and go celebrate with a bag of M&Ms
Getting rid of the scale
- The scale blinds us to progress
- Measure your progress by how you feel, how you sleep, what your skin looks like, what your energy is, how much you can lift in the gym, your endurance, how your clothes fit
- How to get RID of the scale once and for all!
- Lock in our Signature 4 Weeks 2 Wellness Lifestyle Launch at the 2020 price WITH a coach: www.4w2w.com
- Get the Something is Better than Nothing program… FREE!
- How to register: https://disruptivenutrition.mykajabi.com/offers/gidoTbst
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: 4 Weeks to Wellness Lifestyle Launch www.4w2w.com